• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto G Power - Working 4 Days on Battery -Again...

SirMichael

Lurker
May 7, 2023
I have a 2022 Moto G Power. Advertised as a 3 day battery, but typically I get no more than 2 days from one battery charge (down to about 18% by the end of the second day).

I'm currently in a cycle where the battery is lasting an honest 4 days between charges. This happened last fall with this same phone, 4 day battery cycle for about 2 weeks or so, then reverted back to 2 days! It's not that I've changed location, where there is a cell tower any closer (Lower phone TX power), this is happening around my home.

As far as I can tell, my usage of the phone has NOT changed, for sure not that drastically, where it would double the battery life.

I'm not complaining mind you, just trying to figure out why it changes so much. When I look at the battery usage (4 days) Google Play services tops the list with 92%. I'm guessing that in another few battery cycles that it will again revert back to a 2 day battery charge...

Anyone else seen a jump in battery life like this???

Sir Michael

Attachments

• 4-Day Battery.png
    4-Day Battery.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 85
Im in the same boat i got the g power 2021 advertises 3 day battery but using it has about 6 hours before i need to charge it again. has the 15 watt fast charger that takes couple hours to charge but using the phone charging at the same time takes a bit longer. Im wondering if the standard 5 watt or whichever the normal charger would even be able to charge the phone with it on or in use.

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that your battery isn't lasting even a day!

I'm still at a loss to understand why mine is suddenly lasting four days or more. it's still in this mode right now. I'm guessing that eventually it will go back to where it sucks the battery down in 2 days.... Right now, I'm at 3 days and still at 45%....

I guess that no one else has seen this...

Mike

Upvote 0
Speaking on tounge over here, why would you even consider of having your battery drop that low lol.... I am kidding, I sometimes let my tablet get down to around forty percent after a few days of being idle though, left untouched for a bit. Just a strange possession you all have your cells drop down low, my theory is that whenever you are at home, or nearby a usb charger, please do all means charge it no matter what though.

Upvote 0
About a week and a half ago, I left the area around where I live, and since then the battery usage has dropped back to where it has to be charged often. As a matter of fact, now it’s only lasting for about a day and a half now!

I wish I knew what was changing on the cell phone so that it loads it down so much, or allows it to last four days.

Sir Michael

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones