• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.3.5 Gingerbread vs.4.0 Ice cream

Nobody can say it's impossible to hack a rom.It takes one smart person to change all.ICS could be a future ROM?The warp is a popular phone. I'm sure somebody is working on it as we speak!

The ones that have said that there will never be an official ics rom are the ones that are working on porting ics behind the scenes... zte will never update this phone again... what I'm thinking is that they realized that they did a crap job on this one hardware and software wise so they actually put time and effort into fixing it up and giving it upgrades... hence producing the new warp... no company wants to maintain a bad rep especially considering that they only have a few phones available in the US... I predict that the warp 2 will be a major comeback for zte's image

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0
We are closer to getting ics than jb... if we are able to atleast get ics then it will make porting jb that much easier

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Ah, that makes sense, please pardon my ignorance. I'm a PC tech wizard but I only got into phones a little while ago. Hopefully one day I'll be proficient in mobile tech as well. From another thread I read that someone named snake x was working on porting it from the Warp Sequent and that it would be a cake walk due the the extreme similarities between the two devices. I do hope that he's right. :D

Upvote 0
Is that available on play? I thought it was built in for cm9
Holo Launcher is a darn good standalone ICS-style launcher. It's not Jelly Bean so no icons that move out of the way when you drag, but still... it's good. And free. And pretty powerful.

Otherwise GO Launcher + ICS theme isn't bad, although IMHO adding icons to any home screen is a chore.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones