• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 months with the Vibrant - I think I'm done

XXSun, you make some good points. I've done most of the things you suggest. A couple of days ago, I flashed a FROYO rom and battery life has improved.

I'm going to continue on this rom and see if things are better.

Aeok, I'm not sure what Team Whiskey is, but I'll check it out. I've been rooted since day one.

Upvote 0
consider another android phone. i had a vibrant for two weeks and returned it. it was my second android phone and it had issues that i didn't have on my previous phone (mt3g). i switched to another android phone and am very happy.

the vibrant burns the the battery extremely fast compared to other android phones. must be that beautiful screen (the only thing i really liked about the vibrant). also, could be that the vibrant is still on 2.1. friend of mine has a droid incredible and they were updated to 2.2 about a month ago and he said his battery life increased by about 30%. when samsung finally updates to 2.2, vibrant users will probably get a significant boost in battery life. sad that it looks like samsung is about to release a new phone (nexus s) with the new 2.3 gingerbread and vibrant users aren't even current yet.

i use gmail, but i've heard that for $20 you can get an app called touchdown that syncs with outlook and works fantastic. a little pricey for an app, but probably a lot cheaper than switching carriers / phones.

if you're on tmobile, i would suggest one of the htc android phones. had the mt3g, great phone in its time and now on the nexus one. also, the mthd and the g2 are getting very positive reviews.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones