• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Check this out:
HTC Sensation vs. Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com

HTC phones generally have poor battery life and the SGS2's SAM-OLED+ display will use a lot less power than the Sensation's S-LCD display - and look much better too.

The SGS2 is getting good benchmark scores for its GPU. The only issue is that it doesn't use nVidia's Tegra system-on-a-chip (SoC) and nVidia have a few fancy games that require the Tegra - probably not for any technical reason, which sucks nVidia! The Sensation doesn't use Tegra either.

I don't see any reason to pick the Sensation over the SGS2. The Sensation has a higher resolution but that's going to hurt battery life even more and OLED is much nicer than LCD, in my opinion. Sense is a pretty user interface but nothing essential. I use ADW.Launcher anyway so that's moot for me.

Upvote 0
The only two reasons which would make me consider an HTC phone now are:-
HTC Sense ~ It's always been a favourite of many. However, Touchwiz on the SGSII looks very promising.

OTA Updates ~ HTC have always made it a painless affair in updating your ROM. On the opposite end of the scale Samsung use their infernal Kies PC software to upgrade.
However, Samsung are now starting to use the OTA App to manage your phone which is an improvement and I have heard Kies will becoming more stable (especially for Windows 7 64bit Ed).

Upvote 0
HTC Sense ~ It's always been a favourite of many. However, Touchwiz on the SGSII looks very promising.

OTA Updates ~ HTC have always made it a painless affair in updating your ROM. On the opposite end of the scale Samsung use their infernal Kies PC software to upgrade.
However, Samsung are now starting to use the OTA App to manage your phone which is an improvement and I have heard Kies will becoming more stable (especially for Windows 7 64bit Ed).

I used to be all about Sense, but I find it irritating that as they improve it, they tend to leave their older phones behind. There's a lot I like about the newer version of Sense that I don't have in the current version on my phone. I'm actually running Launcher Pro now so I'm pretty much not using Sense anymore, and I'm seriously contemplating rooting my phone to go with a custom rom. As for Samsung, many months ago I thought Touchwiz was lame on the surface, but it's not bad at all seeing it on my wife's Continuum. Plus, the newer version on the SGS2 looks promising.

Upvote 0

Lol and they named the app Kies air. It'll probably crash the airspace around it during an update and rip the space-time continuum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones