• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 questions

Endgame715

Dec 29, 2011
First off, what is the fastest mobile browser that I can get for my Droid X? It's only 3G. I will be upgrading to the Razr in the near future, but for now I'd like to find the best. I am currently using Opera Mini. I tried Skyfire a few days ago and it was very slow.

Question 2: I keep getting a notification, with a green star icon, that says upgrade the android market. I am afraid to open the link. Has anyone else seen/heard of this?

1 - In my experience, Opera mini is pretty fast, but there are other good ones too. Some do some things well but may not have some features you want. It's probably best for you to try a few out and see which is best for you.

Some others you may want to try are:
Dolphin & Dolphin mini
Boat & Boat mini
Maxthon
Firefox
Ninesky

2- Sounds like you've downloaded an app that uses "Push Notifications", such as Airpush, Leadbolt etc. See this thread for more info:
http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/325803-seeing-ads-my-notification-bar.html

Reactions: Endgame715
Upvote 0
Here is all I have downloaded:

WebMD(No clue why, just bored I guess)
Cheezeburger
Facebook
Funny Jokes
Advanced Task Killer
Music Junk
Opera Mini
BB&T
Vaulty
Astro
Zedga
Pizza Hut
Papa Johns
Verizon V Cast tones
Mobile Recovery(Verizon)
IMDb
Mr. Number Call Block
Hulu Plus
GMote

Why I made this list, I do not know. It's not like I am expecting an answer as to which app it might be. I just started typing. Silly brain of mine. Lol

Upvote 0
I only care about speed to be honest. Thanks for the tips!

For pure speed, I found Opera & Ninesky to be fastest for me. Of course YMMV.

Here is all I have downloaded:

WebMD(No clue why, just bored I guess)
Cheezeburger
Facebook
Funny Jokes
Advanced Task Killer
Music Junk
Opera Mini
BB&T
Vaulty
Astro
Zedga
Pizza Hut
Papa Johns
Verizon V Cast tones
Mobile Recovery(Verizon)
IMDb
Mr. Number Call Block
Hulu Plus
GMote

Why I made this list, I do not know. It's not like I am expecting an answer as to which app it might be. I just started typing. Silly brain of mine. Lol

Download addonsdetector and/or airpushdetector to help you identify which app is pushing these ads to you.

Reactions: Endgame715
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones