• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3 All you can eat

tenchy

Jan 9, 2012
UK
On the cusp of getting a Nexus with 3, on an all you can eat plan.

I notice the T&C say the all you can eat only applies to the SIM in the contract phone.

What happens if 6 months into a 24 month contract you accidentally total the phone, anyone know?

I have a feeling that they are referring to tethering. The One Plan from Three has unlimited data including tethering, but the All You Can Eat data plans don't include tethering so they say that the AYCE data only applies to the sim in the phone. Could be wrong but that's my gut feeling.

Upvote 0
I have a feeling that they are referring to tethering. The One Plan from Three has unlimited data including tethering, but the All You Can Eat data plans don't include tethering so they say that the AYCE data only applies to the sim in the phone. Could be wrong but that's my gut feeling.

I asked in the shop, and they said I could use the SIM in another phone, but not in a dongle.

Upvote 0
If you have a problem with the phone, 3 might well be able to sort out getting it fixed for you.

Three have pretty complicated plans to be honest. You can have unlimted data on various plans, some allow tethering some don't. Anything on The One Plan will allow tethering and you should be able to move the SIM between phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones