• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3 UK Software Update Out Tomorrow

fr45er

Lurker
Jun 27, 2011
Hello, long time lurker, 1st post....

Three UK posted an article about their software update process on their blog here

They answered my question about the Galaxy S2 software updates, and its out tomorrow via Kies.

They have yet to confirm which version though, but mine shipped with KE1 which I think is relatively old.

I'm on 3 as well and it shipping on KE1 was my main impetus for flashing a custom ROM, I'm now on KF2 and VillaimROM and its never worked better. If 3 do ship an update it will probably be to KE2, which I was on before I installed VillainROM and isn't all that much of an improvement, all I saw was a more accurate signal strength reading and it being more responsive when awoken. Battery life is very similar.

EDIT: I've just read the post and holy balls, could that woman be more patronising. You're better taking her fantastic new update and throwing it out the window and flashing an update that will actually make a difference. Did you understand what she meant by "customised"? Customised for the user or for the phone? Hmph.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones