• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3- Whats it like then?

jimeller

Android Enthusiast
Aug 6, 2009
East Riding
Im thinking of switching onto 3's network with one of their 12 month sim only deals. I'm currently on Orange.

My question is, whats 3 like as a network?? Ive never used them, so I'm open minded. Whats the coverage and signal like?? What about 3g signal? Services? etc.

Does anyone regret using 3 too??

3 are utter shite!

They block port 25 for SMTP for everything other than their own SMTP server. If you use an ISP that only uses port 25, like Pipex or Tiscali you have no other option but to use 3's SMTP server which seems to have numerous problems.

Their Indian customer support are fecking useless.

I work in the City and network coverage seems to disappear every day between 12noon and 2pm. I have to revert to using my T-Mobile broadband on my phone to check mail. The rest of the time network reception is patchy.

I would avoid!

:(

Upvote 0
I've been with them since 2005. The network is generally good. A few patches, as you might expect from any network, but the last time I had that problem was in rural Wales - I just fell back on to the Orange network, which was handy.

Customer service is what it is. The only big problems I've had have been with my Android handsets (first the Hero and now the Desire). I've always managed to speak to a person within a few seconds and can't think of when I experienced a queue with them. As has been mentioned, the call centre's in India, so expect long-winded scripts and being treated like a simple child. That aside, they're friendly and can eventually be helpful in getting things done. Personally, I'd prefer to pay just a little bit more on my bill to enable me to speak to a UK representative who has the power to do things on the customer's behalf straight away and respect's the customer's level of technical knowledge.

A friend has just started on the One Plan. When he signed up for it, I was sceptical that the data allowance was genuinely 'all you can eat', but we hammered it for a couple of weeks and got a good few GBs out of it. Definitely a bonus, if you use data a lot.

I pay

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones