• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PDX_Dragon

Apr 26, 2020
Hi folks:

I'm looking for a cheaper service.

Mint's $15.00 a month unlimited talk and Internet for each of my two phones sounds good. I'm assuming there's about that much more for taxes and whatever.

Ryan Reynolds is a good actor with a good sense of humor. Is there another network I should be looking at?

I want unlimited talk and Internet.

I live in Portland, Or. I assume any carrier will offer good coverage of the Pacific Northwest.

One thing holding me back is that my two $62.00 Samsung SM J260A are locked to AT&T. Is there a way to unlock them?

I'm fine with a used phone, and this might be an opportunity to trade up for the price of a new low end phone.

A plug for a headset is necessary. Nice camera would be nice. A replaceable battery is also important, even if it needs to be done in a shop.

I've never used a phone as a hot spot, but it sounds like a feature that might come in handy.

I wouldn't pay an extra dollar for 5G. What does it offer?

Can anybody recommend particular phones I should be looking for. Price is important.

I've looked at Backmarket. Is there another source I should be considering? Price is important.

Anybody out there with a couple of good Androids for a good price?

Thanks
Larry

Some decent budget phones that have, or are close to having, your requirements:
Samsung Galaxy A13
Samsung Galaxy A14
Samsung Galaxy A14 5G
Samsung Galaxy A23
Samsung Galaxy A23 5G
Motorola Moto G (2022 or 2023 models)

A replaceable battery is also important, even if it needs to be done in a shop.
Most phones can have the battery replaced in a shop.

my two $62.00 Samsung SM J260A are locked to AT&T. Is there a way to unlock them?
Ask AT&T to unlock them.

AT&T phone unlock policy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones