• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

30 day return question.

My wife bought a Transform at Best Buy 2 weeks ago. She has decided she doesn't like it, but doesn't want anything else out right now either. So she plans to return the phone to BB, and go back to the Hero for a few months to see what comes out (EVO Shift maybe?) So, my question is...will she be able to use the discount again once she returns the phone? Will they take care of this at BB, or will I have to call Sprint to make it happen? I've never taken advantage of the 30 day thing, so I don't know exactly how it works. Thanks!

I've returned 5 upgrades this year! If you're in your 30 day return period just return the phone and cancel the upgrade. You should go back into full upgrade status after the return is processed. Don't swap it out, return it completely. I've also never paid a restocking fee.

I've returned a BB8530, Moment, Evo, Epic, and an Optimus S. The last one was returned on Dec. 21st and im ready to upgrade again for the Evo Shift 4g, hopefully it doesn't disapoint but I'm not holding my breath.

Upvote 0
wow.. 5 times... no restocking fee...

from the phones you tested drove, progressively got better.. much better... except the Optimums S (that was odd).

1. I dont think you will ever be satisfied.. it really is just a phone/device and not a magic wand that can print money or transform into a jet!

2. you are abusing the system. which affects us all.

what the hell do you want?????
oh.. i see.. you want an iphone...
which there is nothing wrong with it... just do it... be happy there.

Reactions: AndroidSPCS
Upvote 0
I'm honestly offended you would recommend an iPhone. I would rather cause harm to myself than own an Apple product.

I'm not abusing anything, stores like walmart and best buy do not charge fees for returning phones. I never go through Sprint stores anymore. Plus mail in rebates are garbage.

The perfect phone I want is the Nexus One or G2, but they exist on a carrier that has no coverage for me. The only reason I don't like the Evo is the lack of real keys. I loved it otherwise.

Upvote 0
I'm not abusing anything, stores like walmart and best buy do not charge fees for returning phones. I never go through Sprint stores anymore. Plus mail in rebates are garbage.

really... because?
these phones your returning.. are magically cost nothing to no one. They just disappear.. and are replaced with brand new items??

and because you go through ABC store... sprint is not affected by a used item... that got pushed back to them.... and cannot use as a new sell?

cost of processing...
repackaging
testing it
shipping
ABC store for spending time... on $0.
there are a lot of cost associated to everyone that touches that phone.

5 times...
in 1 yr!

ignorance is bliss.....

PS.. i return phones to... it is a benefit they give you... that you can use.
I too have abused my rights too with other things. I just dont ignore that I am abusing it. I know what i am doing, but I dont lie to myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones