• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

30 days approaching, who's returning

i am still trying to decide between keeping my SF or going to get the DX, one thing that bugs me besides the crap reception, is all the apps that come on the phone, that I don't need or want, and can't delete without rooting. Does the DX have a bunch of stock apps that I wouldn't use as well, such as, allshare, kindle, blockbuster, car cradle, city id, daily briefing, tetris, nfs shifts, skype.

Upvote 0
i am still trying to decide between keeping my SF or going to get the DX, one thing that bugs me besides the crap reception, is all the apps that come on the phone, that I don't need or want, and can't delete without rooting. Does the DX have a bunch of stock apps that I wouldn't use as well, such as, allshare, kindle, blockbuster, car cradle, city id, daily briefing, tetris, nfs shifts, skype.

It has almost as many, but not bing or VZ navigator" ... I think mine came with city id, tetris, skype, and I believe some kind of car/desk cradle app as well. It for sure came with NFS Shift. It also has a type of blur interface as well, which I didn't like at all.

If you get the DX, I would root it too. Really makes it clean, fast, smooth, and much more customizable.

One advantage on the DX is that you can still use many of your stock widgets!! And several of them are resizable. To support the resizing you gotta buy plus, though.

Remember with a custom launcher you can hide a lot of apps you don't want, even in your main app drawer. And you can modify some of the search and settings shortcuts as well. I know it takes a little work, but I would modify that stuff on any droid phone. I like my own "enhanced" and customized way of doing things better than any stock setting or manufacturer's interface.

Upvote 0
It has almost as many, but not bing or VZ navigator" ... I think mine came with city id, tetris, skype, and I believe some kind of car/desk cradle app as well. It for sure came with NFS Shift. It also has a type of blur interface as well, which I didn't like at all.

If you get the DX, I would root it too. Really makes it clean, fast, smooth, and much more customizable.

One advantage on the DX is that you can still use many of your stock widgets!! And several of them are resizable. To support the resizing you gotta buy plus, though.

Remember with a custom launcher you can hide a lot of apps you don't want, even in your main app drawer. And you can modify some of the search and settings shortcuts as well. I know it takes a little work, but I would modify that stuff on any droid phone. I like my own "enhanced" and customized way of doing things better than any stock setting or manufacturer's interface.

Right on man thanks, maybe i will try that on the SF, i dig this phone just little things that are probably going to bug me on any phone i get. So i'm thinking money wise, it's probably best if i stick with the SF, the DX would cost me more out of pocket cause I got the buy the SF get any device free, so my wife could get one. but thanks anyway

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones