• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

32GB dual sim version on ebay: genuine?

cdl

Android Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2010
Hi all,

I have read on a number of websites that Samsung released a dual sim version of the Galaxy Note 3 in China.

Samsung Launches Dual SIM Galaxy Note 3 in China | TechnoBuffalo

I have found a Hong Kong seller on ebay which apparently sells it:

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9002 32GB 13MP Dual SIM Active Android Smartphone Black | eBay

[I noticed the link does not work from the forum - don't know why].

Is there any way to ensure if the listing is genuine?
Has anyone bought this version?
Does any Chinese speaker on the forum know if, say, the Samsung China website lists this model, if any online Chinese store do sell it, etc?

I suppose that ebay and paypal would reimburse me if the seller were to send me a box containing a brick :) but, at the same time it would be nice to hear from other buyers.

Thanks!

That link works for me but ebay says "the item has been removed" suggesting it is dodgy. I know the Chinese do have dual sim versions of many phones but you let yourself in for all kinds of problems if you import such as import duty and warranties etc. I did read that one guy got a phone which would only display in Chinese?

Upvote 0
That link works for me but ebay says "the item has been removed" suggesting it is dodgy.
That's what I meant when I said the link didn't work. The item has not been removed. If you search ebay uk for this item number:
you'll notice it's still there as I write this.

The seller has 668 feedbacks, 98.7% of which positive.

I know the Chinese do have dual sim versions of many phones but you let yourself in for all kinds of problems if you import such as import duty and warranties etc. I did read that one guy got a phone which would only display in Chinese?

My understanding is that Chinese versions of these phones do not have the Google Play store and suffer from a number of other limitations imposed by the Chinese government, which would make them useless outside of China. This is why all of these Chinese and Hong Kong sellers tend to ship rooted phones, with google play installed.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
That's what I meant when I said the link didn't work. The item has not been removed. If you search ebay uk for this item number:
you'll notice it's still there as I write this.

The seller has 668 feedbacks, 98.7% of which positive.

My understanding is that Chinese versions of these phones do not have the Google Play store and suffer from a number of other limitations imposed by the Chinese government, which would make them useless outside of China. This is why all of these Chinese and Hong Kong sellers tend to ship rooted phones, with google play installed.

Verizon's dream come true... A government that puts you in jail for rooting a phone.

Upvote 0
No, I don't. But I wanted to learn more about Chinese dual sim smartphones: I may consider another model, or this one if prices come down

Hi,
I would like to know more about all these restrictions for Chinese devices too. Mostly when we talk about a model of a popular brand as in this case Samsung.
I used to search online for the best prices, but nowadays with the region-lock restriction of Samsung, the things have changed.
Regards

Upvote 0

Yeh that's right phones here in China don't have the Play Store or other Google apps, and it is political. Partly Chinese communist government, partly "Do no evil" Google. They have Chinese app stores instead and the default search is Baidu. Plus they're usually preloaded with Chinese bloatware like RenRen, QQ, Weixin, etc.

You can buy phones from Chinese vendors, but you're basically taking their word and hoping that they're honest, and that's the chance you take.

That Note 3 Duos listed on eBay is horribly overpriced, that's if it's even legit. They're not even showing the actual phablet, looks like just a rendering. "Language(s): English, Korean (한국어), Simplified Chinese (简体中文)" that's a mainland Chinese version of Android, not international. The item is shown as coming from HK, but Android devices from HK have Google and are international. Which is what I have.

Upvote 0
Yeh that's right phones here in China don't have the Play Store or other Google apps, and it is political. Partly Chinese communist government, partly "Do no evil" Google. They have Chinese app stores instead and the default search is Baidu. Plus they're usually preloaded with Chinese bloatware like RenRen, QQ, Weixin, etc.

You can buy phones from Chinese vendors, but you're basically taking their word and hoping that they're honest, and that's the chance you take.

That Note 3 Duos listed on eBay is horribly overpriced, that's if it's even legit. They're not even showing the actual phablet, looks like just a rendering. "Language(s): English, Korean (한국어), Simplified Chinese (简体中文)" that's a mainland Chinese version of Android, not international. The item is shown as coming from HK, but Android devices from HK have Google and are international. Which is what I have.

Hi,

The information that you are sharing is very eye-opening, could you tell us some tips about how to differentiate "mainland Chinese devices" from HK devices (international version)?

Where did you buy your Note 3 made in HK?

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
No, I don't. But I wanted to learn more about Chinese dual sim smartphones: I may consider another model, or this one if prices come down

If you're that interested in dual sims get a MultiSim adapter. I got one for my Note 2 and it works just fine in the Note 3. It does make the back cover bulge very slightly but both sims work just fine.

Upvote 0
If you're that interested in dual sims get a MultiSim adapter. I got one for my Note 2 and it works just fine in the Note 3. It does make the back cover bulge very slightly but both sims work just fine.

Of course with an adapter you can still have 4G (no dual sim model supports 4G), but you wouldn't have two numbers active at the same time. It all depends on which is more important for the buyer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones