• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3D Photo Playback Problem

msengstock

Lurker
Jul 8, 2011
Hi, Just got my phone last week and was wondering if anyone had this issue:

After activating and all that, and realizing the 3d switch was defaulted to 2d, I switched over to 3d and attempted to take soome pictures to see how it worked. The viewfinder was 3d, the immediate preview of the pic taken was 3d but when viewing the picture in the gallery it would show up as a blurry 2d picture, even the preloaded 3d samples had the same 2d blur going on. Videos were fine, the green hornet thing was fine. Of course I verified I was in 3d mode.

Yesterday I was playing with it again - had the switch in 2d, launched the camera app, then switch to 3d while the app was showing the live preview ... it paused and then the preview went 3d. I took a picture in 3d and the gallery showed it properly in 3d (not the 2d blurry version).

I haven't seen this reported anywhere, so I figured I should check here first.

Thanks.

<P>
hi,</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>what steps have you done to troubleshoot?</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>did you do a battery pull?</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>did you do the soft reset from the shutdown menu?</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>do you have any apps that work with the camera?
</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Since switching the 3d button from 2d to 3d yesterday while in camera mode it has worked even after a power off/on.&nbsp; Prior to that, I did pull the battery which had no affect.&nbsp; For now it seems resolved, I figured I'd pass along the experience incase anyone had the same issue and said - man those 3d picture are all blurry!&nbsp; Switch to 3d mode while the camera app is open - thats what I did and it seems to worked. </P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>

Upvote 0
It happened to me today, for the first time. 3D picture was shown as same two 2D pictures couple millimeters apart from each other. I didn't check 3D playback though.

hi,

what steps have you done to troubleshoot?

did you do a battery pull?

did you do the soft reset from the shutdown menu?

do you have any apps that work with the camera?

I restarted the phone from shutdown menu.

Upvote 0
First of all, I'm new to the forum (also new to Android in general) so if this issue has already been brought up, then I apologize for not researching the issue thoroughly enough.

I just got me Evo 3D today, and for the most part I totally love the phone. I thought the 3D would just be a gimmick, but it's actually pretty fun. Anyway, I noticed today that my 3D pictures at first showed up fine (as in, they were in 3D) but then some time through the day they just randomly stopped doing that. They just showed up as the blurry images, like the screen wasn't converting them into 3D. This happened on the pre-loaded 3D pix and my own pix.

I check the Spider-man game and it worked fine in 3D, it only seemed to be the pix/videos that had a problem. I did a battery pull and that seems to have fixed the issue for now.

My question is: Is there something I should check or set that keeps the screen from screwing up on the 3D pix/videos? Or is this just a bug/glitch that HTC needs to fix?

Any insight is mucho appreciated. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hello, I have an issue with my HTC EVO 3D. It seems whenever I view previously taken 3D pictures in the gallery, the photos are blurry. It basically looks like the images the two front cameras take for the 3D effect are overlapping each other.

When using the 3D camera, the 3D effect still works. Even after taking a picture in 3D the image is still in 3D in review. Its only when going back into the gallery, the image is blurry. Trying to adjust the 3D using the adjustment slider does nothing; the image remains flat.

Upvote 0
I have exactly the same issue as the OP. Videos in 3D work, view finder in 3D works, but viewing pictures in 3D does not. The parallax barrier is not being activated for some reason in this specific mode. This issue popped up about a month ago and I have had this phone for almost a year now. Rebooting will sometimes work, but eventually this issue comes back. I suspect this is a software bug from an update.

Upvote 0
I have exactly the same issue as the OP. Videos in 3D work, view finder in 3D works, but viewing pictures in 3D does not. The parallax barrier is not being activated for some reason in this specific mode. This issue popped up about a month ago and I have had this phone for almost a year now. Rebooting will sometimes work, but eventually this issue comes back. I suspect this is a software bug from an update.

You've had this phone for almost a year, yet it was released on June 24th. So how are Marty and the doc? I bet when that baby gets to 88, you see some serious sh....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones