• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3g and 1x issue

I had this happen a few days after we originally bought ours back in November. Check the PRL on each phone and see if they are different. (Settings/About phone). It will at the bottom of the screen. Our PRL's were different. I called Verizon (local, not national) and the tech there changed them to the PRL on my wife's phone. Fixed everything.

Hope this is the problem and it corrects it.

Upvote 0
Dial *228 and choose option 2, updates the PRL on your own

Here's why the *228 would not work in my case. My wife had a hybrid PRL since it included Alltel and Verizon towers. Mine was the national release for the latest PRL (back in November). We held phones side by side, here was always 3G with 3 to 4 bars, I struggled to stay on 1x. They changed mine to the same PRL as hers and all was well.

Upvote 0
I am convinced the issue is in the antenna area of the radio.

Using data in exactly the same spots before the OTA on both wireless and 3G my speeds are not only slower but less quality a signal too. Now with the WiFi, if I move closer to the repeaters in my complex my speeds go up above what I ever saw prior to GB but that again is standing right beside the repeater too.

It simply isn't pulling in the same channels with the phone in the same spot as before as strongly.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones