• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nismospec

Nov 24, 2009
for starters this forum is GREAT! finally found a place where I can get answers!

now for the question.

I used to have the "1X" icon on my notifications bar. According to the manual, it meant that I was connected to the "3G" network and was transmitting data (fyi with Sprint). That icon has since disappeared???

Does that mean that i'm no longer connected to 3G speeds?

Easy fella's....i'm a newbie to this Android and smart phone stuff.

Thanks.

for starters this forum is GREAT! finally found a place where I can get answers!

now for the question.

I used to have the "1X" icon on my notifications bar. According to the manual, it meant that I was connected to the "3G" network and was transmitting data (fyi with Sprint). That icon has since disappeared???

Does that mean that i'm no longer connected to 3G speeds?

Easy fella's....i'm a newbie to this Android and smart phone stuff.

Thanks.

I've had this happen to me occasionally. The quick fix for me was to put the phone into airplane mode (hold down the red "end" key until a menu pops up, then choose airplane mode) then do the same thing to turn airplane mode off. It will reconnect data that way, and you should get EVDO (assuming you're within coverage area.)

Upvote 0
I've had this happen to me occasionally. The quick fix for me was to put the phone into airplane mode (hold down the red "end" key until a menu pops up, then choose airplane mode) then do the same thing to turn airplane mode off. It will reconnect data that way, and you should get EVDO (assuming you're within coverage area.)

i also thought that if you were within range, a PRL update fixed this as well... but i may be mistaken.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones