• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3G is not working

Sas103

Lurker
Sep 23, 2014
Earlier this week, my Droid Incredible stopped connecting to the 3g network in places where I was previously able to connect without a problem. The icon isn't even showing up at all. Every once in a great while, the '1x' symbol will show up for a few seconds and then disappear. I have tried taking my phone in and out of airplane mode, disconnecting and reconnecting the mobile network, downloading a 3g connection fix app, and restarting my phone countless times. I'm about to try a hard reset but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas first.

I'm currently living in Puerto Rico with a contract through the mainland US, but this hasn't been an issue previously. I was here for 4 months earlier this year with no problems and have been here for at least 3 weeks this time around and haven't had any issues until now. I had my phone plugged in charging during a big storm and the power went on and off a few times.. no idea if that would cause any issues, but you never know,

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, let me know!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones