• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3G issue after using WiFi?

jmt9779

Android Enthusiast
Jan 4, 2010
NYC
I've only used my wifi twice on this phone since I've had it but I noticed that after I toggled off the wifi radio the other day, the phone would only pick up a 1x signal. I let it sit for a few minutes then rebooted and it picked up 3G right away.

I was laying on my couch and hadn't moved and I have a pretty strong 3G signal at home.

Any thoughts?

TIA!

Actually, I'm starting to notice that I'm having just general 3G reception issues.

For some reason my phone will occasionally drop to 1x and just stay there. For example, this morning I updated some of my apps while sitting at my desk at work. I noticed that the phone was on a 1x signal even though I normally have a strong 3G signal here. So I rebooted the phone, and wouldn't ya know, it picked up a 3G signal and held it for a couple hours...until a few minutes ago when I looked down and saw 1x again. What gives? Is anyone else having 3G issues?

(I'm in NYC, which has pretty good 3G coverage, if it matters.)

Thanks in advance guys - Just wanna check in around here before I get on the horn with VZW.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones