• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 3G Network HSDPA = 'H' symbol?

It's because your on the stock orange rom, orange firmware show H as 3G+

It's exactly the same speed though so dont worry, only the symbol is different. If you install a custom rom you will see H on the san francisco.

Cheers

Thanks for the info but if you look at my devices on the left i have a custom rom on my San Francisco. Both my stock hero and custom san fran are on the same orange network and side by side the san fran will only have the 3g symbol. So I presume my custom rom also lacks the 'h' symbol in its archives also not a 3G+ symbol. If the download speed is the same then I dont really mind.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Strange, I now have got this ROM on my SF
[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

But still no 'H' on my SF. Its not the sim or the area i'm in. Sim works in my Hero and I get an 'H' signal. Any ideas?

I can confirm that the FLB-Froyo r5a ROM from that link does have the 'H' symbol, because ive used that ROM in the past.

Strange that the same sim shows the 'H' in your hero at the same location, but not in your San Francisco!?

Could be a fault with the phone, but unlikely. Try running a speed test on both phones at the same location and compare results to see if the San Francisco is actually using HSDPA speeds.

Download the Speedtest.net app by Ookla from the market to run the tests.

Cheers

Upvote 0
...... Try running a speed test on both phones at the same location and compare results to see if the San Francisco is actually using HSDPA speeds.

Download the Speedtest.net app by Ookla from the market to run the tests.

Run the tests. They are both downloading at about the same speeds. On some tests the San Fran a bit faster. So no problem with with the speed :) just no 'H' symbol :thinking: Not too worried though just one of those little niggles. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones