• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3x4 keyboard - double space press

kezly87

Lurker
May 4, 2013
This is driving me crazy and I can't figure out how to change it:
I'm using the 3x4 keyboard with predictive text, and I have to press the space button TWICE to make a space between words. Pressing it once simply finishes the word I was typing and doesn't move on after the last letter.
For example, if I were to type Hello World (43556*space*96753) with only one space it would come out as helloworld. Instead I have to put (43556*space space*96753) Why do you need to press space twice to move on?!

Same issue I'm having. I've contacted Samsung but I may not of been eloquent enough with my message. They put it down to jelly bean and recommended I should try a 3rd party keyboard...... Nah, Its a bug as I've toggled every text/keyboard related option. I've always preferred 3x4 for typing and used the same keyboard on the s3 after the jelly bean update. Hope they fix it soon because its quite annoying to be honest. This and that low brightness blur are my only main issues thus far....Last thing.... Where's the page buddy gone??

Upvote 0
This is driving me crazy and I can't figure out how to change it:
I'm using the 3x4 keyboard with predictive text, and I have to press the space button TWICE to make a space between words. Pressing it once simply finishes the word I was typing and doesn't move on after the last letter.
For example, if I were to type Hello World (43556*space*96753) with only one space it would come out as helloworld. Instead I have to put (43556*space space*96753) Why do you need to press space twice to move on?!
Would you believe it. They fixed it in the ota update i've been in the queue for. Its rolling out now. Try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones