• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4.0 update delayed....The world isn't ready

(4.0 Update delayed) google search, brings up a fascinating amount of results, just saying

I am familiar with the fact that all info on dates of OTA updates are just leaked information, (incorrectly leaked info) but really what is going on out there, with every provider in the Americas sending updates back to the manufactures...

Is the world just not ready for Ice Cream Sandwich...

(4.0 Update delayed) google search, brings up a fascinating amount of results, just saying

I am familiar with the fact that all info on dates of OTA updates are just leaked information, (incorrectly leaked info) but really what is going on out there, with every provider in the Americas sending updates back to the manufactures...

Is the world just not ready for Ice Cream Sandwich...

Last time I checked ICS is on many devices, including the HP Touchpad. Unless you are talking about a specific phone/tablet?

Upvote 0
ICS is fine, manufacturers and carriers are another story. They often need more time to add their own garbage to system updates to ensure handset smoothness and performance are kept at a low level so we'll all buy a new one.....well, I always fall for it anyway. :rolleyes:
Just cut out the middle men and it runs very nicely.
:p

Upvote 0
No it's not. It's only running on 3% of Android phones and releases for the Note and Razr (just to name two) keep getting pushed back. Something is not right. It's been out for nearly 6 months.

You should know that ICS introduces many new changes, new APIs, UI hardware acceleration, etc... In a sense, ICS is the most important upgrade that has ever come to Android, thus we should expect the upgrade process to take longer than other versions. You can head to Sony developer site and read their explanation why it takes a long time to upgrade to ICS as well as why some phones should not update at all.

Upvote 0
The Note was released with GB but can be updated to ICS when required. To be honest, if you want a regularly updated device, then get a nexus phone as they are updated by google directly, no middle crap and no providers junk to add on top which consequently cuts down the wait time for updates.
That's you best route unless you want to root and update that way. Other than that.....patience I'm afraid.
;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones