• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4.2.2/Sense 5 Initial Reactions

You have all the old notification sounds? There any way you can share them somewhere? None of the new ones do it for me on the timer (which I actually use every day.)

I have a few of them still hanging around. Try this file, it's all the .ogg files still on my DNA. I'll have to dig out my other phone and see what's on it. It's been flashed with 4.4 so I don't know what notification and alarm sounds it includes. If you know of a specific name of a file I can look for it.

Reactions: Misato
Upvote 0
I have a few of them still hanging around. Try this file, it's all the .ogg files still on my DNA. I'll have to dig out my other phone and see what's on it. It's been flashed with 4.4 so I don't know what notification and alarm sounds it includes. If you know of a specific name of a file I can look for it.

I remembered I had my old Incredible in a box in the closet, and after the battery got some power back in it I was able to find the name I'm looking for. The alarm sound I was looking for was called Light, and a quick google search turned up an mp3 of it. Not sure why, but it didn't occur to me to dig the thing out until you posted that archive of sounds. Thanks a ton.

Upvote 0
I remembered I had my old Incredible in a box in the closet, and after the battery got some power back in it I was able to find the name I'm looking for. The alarm sound I was looking for was called Light, and a quick google search turned up an mp3 of it. Not sure why, but it didn't occur to me to dig the thing out until you posted that archive of sounds. Thanks a ton.

I'm glad you found what you were looking for. After I posted that link I found some more saved notification and alarm files but not one called Light. So I guess the update blitzed some of my tones as well.

Upvote 0
Dredging up an old thread because I was "forced" into this update. The HTCDtm kept chewing up my processes and keeping my phone awake.

Very much don't like Sense5. So much that I was considering M8, and now I am not.

LockScreen layouts stink. I also don't like how when you press your password numbers the keypad lights that number up. Is there a way to turn this off? Not very secretive if the outline of the key lights up when I press it.

Calendar looks slightly better but I can't resize it like the old one from a width/length perspective. Now its a 3/4 icon. Wish we could resize it like the old one. My old eyes need the all the 5" screen real estate I can get!

I am using HandCent and now when I go landscape (which I do 98% of the time due to my fat fingers), the keyboard doesn't fit on the screen anymore. :S I lose P L and part of the O.

Used to be able to configure how icons looked (colors, etc). Can't find that now. I am assuming its no longer a feature.

So yeah, I knew I didn't want this and now its forced on me and I guess its time to look for a new phone. Sigh....:(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones