• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Am I the only one with a delivery time of 7 p.m. or earlier. I hope it gets here sooner than that. :(

mine is 7pm or later... and from experience that means around 6:50pm. I live on the outside of town so i'm always a late delivery. I should have thought about it and had a hold put on it at the local FedEx location so I could have picked it up after work... oh well, guess I was too excited to think straight!.:eek:

Upvote 0
It won't have any effect at all, not even a minor one. Trust me; I've been a "battery hobbyist" for nearly a decade now. Lithium-Polymer and Lithium Ion batteries have no memory effect whatsoever; these warnings and advice that you're reading are a carryover from previous battery chemistries where it was good to be do several full drain/recharge cycles.

Lithium Ion, in fact, is actually very bad to do a full discharge and it will reduce the capacity of your battery. 4.2v is full charge for lithium ion/Lithium Polymer, and there is a protection circuit built into the battery somewhere around 2.4-2.7v. Once that threshold of discharge is reached, the battery will cut itself off to prevent even worse damage. This is why sometimes a phone will have trouble turning back on after the battery totally dies - the battery has to be recharged past the cutoff threshold before the phone will start up again. This is the point where you have "0%" battery life left on the phone. It's much better to charge your phone frequently than to do full charges and discharges - it will keep your battery in much better shape.

Other than avoiding full drains, the other thing you should do is to only use high quality chargers. Now it won't matter much if you charge the battery in your phone as the charging algorithms are software controlled in the phone itself, but I would be very wary of using ebay wall chargers for the loose or extra batteries. Lithium Ion gets damaged if charged past 4.2-4.25 volts, and becomes an explosion risk should the internal vents fail. The problem with many cheap chargers is that they continue to slowly trickle charge past 4.2v, so you'll be fine if you use a DMM to check the voltage of the batttery every ten or so minutes, but if you don't it will slowly rise to 4.21, 4.22, 4.23v. If you leave it overnight you very well may end up coming back to an overcharged battery that is not only holding reduced capacity from the damage, but is a safety risk as well. I even go so far as to have special hobby chargers with perfect algorithms to charge my loose lithium ion cells for my flashlights!

I agree, every night for the past year I placed my Storm 1 into the bedside charging dock to charge while I slept and my battery still lasts 12-14 hours everyday (better now since the you tube native app stopped working and I am forced to use the browser to watch videos).

Upvote 0
Am I the only one with a delivery time of 7 p.m. or earlier. I hope it gets here sooner than that. :(

im also 7 or earlier - i really hope it gets here before then. for all those 7pm people it would be awesome if you guys post when you get your phones. :p i keep hearing big trucks! i live in an apartment complex that's currently doing roof work so you guys can imagine how often im running over to the window to see if its fed ex.

And my phone has been out for delivery since 7:30 - i cant imagine it taking 12 hours for it to get here...i really hope it doesnt!

Upvote 0
im also 7 or earlier - i really hope it gets here before then. for all those 7pm people it would be awesome if you guys post when you get your phones. :p i keep hearing big trucks! i live in an apartment complex that's currently doing roof work so you guys can imagine how often im running over to the window to see if its fed ex.

I never hear big trucks where I'm at. Decided to get a little shut eye on the couch with the front door open so I can see out if they come. As soon as I fall asleep, a damn garbage truck comes strolling through making me jump up and panic getting to the door.

Funny thing is, I didn't even know a garbage man came through my neighborhood. I've been hauling it off myself for the past year...lol.

Upvote 0
So you guys with a 7 p.m. time, how far away are you from the local fedex that your phone is coming from. My fedex is 40 min. away which makes me think there may be alot of deliveries between the store and me which is why I have a 7 p.m. time slot. I hope he doesn't take a long lunch!! :)

honestly...i have no idea. i tried to find out. but im clueless :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I got my phone before the fedex site updated. It was "At Dest Facility" which was 1.5 hours away. I was surprised by the Fed-Ex guy @ 10am, 1.5 hours after it "arrived at the Dest facility". It updated then that it was on the truck. Don't worry guys! If it says it's coming it's coming, I didn't get my shipping info until LATE last night. The phone is great too :)

Upvote 0
Well, I've been at work since 6 p.m. yesterday and worked all night. Usually in bed by now but I'm still wide awake thinking I won't hear the doorbell if I fall asleep.

Sounds just like me lol. Except I went to work right after nursing finals, so I didn't get any sleep since I woke at 7am yesterday. Anyway, when I got back this morning I stayed up till 10am then they JUST stopped by at 11:45. Dang, I'm one happy guy today! :)

Upvote 0
So you guys with a 7 p.m. time, how far away are you from the local fedex that your phone is coming from. My fedex is 40 min. away which makes me think there may be alot of deliveries between the store and me which is why I have a 7 p.m. time slot. I hope he doesn't take a long lunch!! :)

My delivery was yesterday - FedEx showed no later than a 7pm delivery, it showed up at 11:30 am. I all just depends on the driver's route. You won't be disappointed :D

Upvote 0
Mine is delivered!!!! I live in nj the overnight shipment was before 3pm, however it delivered at 1136. Since I have it shipped to my dorm, I have to wait till my universities mail system brings it to my campus.. should be next half hour

Meanwhile ill be doing laundry which is right next to my post office box and checking the box every 5 min :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones