• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4.52" screen and 1.2ghz dual core

will this phone blow away the evo 3d and photon 4g? is the samsung processor better for gaming then what the evo 3d uses, and is it better then tegra 2?

I wouldn't say it "blows them away" but There's a lot of things noticeably better like browsing and scrolling through menus and pinch-to-zoom is way smoother than the EVO 3D and Photon from what I've seen.

When it comes to gaming you probably won't ever notice a difference between the 3, except that since the Photon is Tegra 2 it has a lot of exclusive games. (even though the Epic Touch's processor blows it away) but if you root your phone and use Chainfire 3D, you will be able to play most of them.

Upvote 0
I just realized there is one feature missing on the E4GT, the physical camera button :(

Not enough to stop me from buying it, but blah.

I wonder if there is an app that can change the power button to a shutter button during camera/camcorder mode.

I know its possible to remap buttons on Windows Mobile, but I'm not sure if anyone developed an app for Android.

Upvote 0
Physical camera buttons are awesome. Especially when you have a limited timeframe to get your camera open (quick shots)... saves you from fumbling around your screens trying to find the app :)

agreed - love my dedicated camera buttom to both start up the camera app and take pics. i'm still undecided on my next phone, but lack of camera button won't be a show stopper.

Upvote 0
Nice little comparison between the Exynos and Tegra

MRKcl.png

Reactions: BenChase7
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones