• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 43v3r root not working on .893

stoney bones

Dec 15, 2011
* and set USB Mode to Charge Only
* READY TO ROOT YOUR DROID BIONIC WHEN YOU ARE!
Press any key to continue . . .
"* Running zergRush exploit..."
1607 KB/s (23052 bytes in 0.014s)

[**] Zerg rush - Android 2.2/2.3 local root
[**] (C) 2011 Revolutionary. All rights reserved.

[**] Parts of code from Gingerbreak, (C) 2010-2011 The Android Exploid Crew.

[+] Found a GingerBread ! 0x00016118
[*] Scooting ...
[*] Sending 149 zerglings ...
[*] Sending 189 zerglings ...
[+] Zerglings found a way to enter ! 0x18
[+] Overseer found a path ! 0x000161e0
[*] Sending 189 zerglings ...
[+] Zerglings caused crash (good news): 0x40122c5c 0x0074
[*] Researching Metabolic Boost ...
[+] Speedlings on the go ! 0xafd25ac9 0xafd39877
[*] Sending 185 zerglings ...

[-] Bad luck, our rush did not succeed :(
* Wait about 30 seconds for the adb server to restart as root
Press any key to continue . . .
* Installing busybox, su, and SuperUser apk...
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'busybox' to '/system/xbin/busybox': Read-only file system
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/xbin/su': Read-only file system
3860 KB/s (754980 bytes in 0.191s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
/system/xbin/busybox: not found
link failed Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /data: Operation not permitted
* Installing 43V3R Root...
failed to copy 'mount_ext3.sh' to '/system/bin/mount_ext3.sh': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/mount_ext3.sh: Read-only file system

i just got a new bionic, did the latest OTA update that was pushed to me....then tried 43v3r root, option 2 and this is the result every time. any ideas?

Try option 1. It removes the updates and reverts it back to original system version, which should then root without any problem. After you continue through the process of 43V3R rooting your phone you can update to the latest version and maintain root. I also had to use option 1 after the OTA broke my original root.

I didn't get a new Bionic, but I did manage to brick my old one. When I used this to bring it back to life, I took the OTA before rooting and found it wouldn't root the OTA. This same method got me back on root!

Upvote 0
Try option 1. It removes the updates and reverts it back to original system version, which should then root without any problem. After you continue through the process of 43V3R rooting your phone you can update to the latest version and maintain root. I also had to use option 1 after the OTA broke my original root.

i tried option 1. it says if you see the prompt that says "waiting for device" install said drivers...i installed said drivers, did a soft reset, but still hangs up on "waiting for device" with no luck.

Upvote 0
i found my error.

its says to hol vol up, vol down, and pwr button to soft reset and go into ap fast boot mode.

i would hold the buttons, wait, then the screen would go black so i released the buttons and it would restart...

upon restarting i was curious how to tell if you were in ap fast boot mode.....well after some tinkering i realized you must keep holding all three buttons even after the screen goes blank and wait for the boot menu to actually get to the fast boot mode.

duuuuuh. wish that was explained earlier...pretty frustrating oversight there. but, now re-imaged to the 886 with root and i will now attempt .893 and see if root maintains as advertised.

thanks for the info

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones