• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 4EXT and TWRP Questions and Discussion

SuperAfnan

Android Expert
Aug 29, 2012
A yellow house
Okay, most of us use two recoveries: TWRP or 4EXT.

I downloaded 4ext and am trying it out. I find it nicer than twrp but what do you guys think about it? And how much faster is it compared to twrp? I like 4ext better since it's more customizable :D. It also has more feautures from what I currently see. So, what are your opinions on it and which do you prefer? :thrasher:

Okay, most of us use two recoveries: TWRP or 4EXT.

I downloaded 4ext and am trying it out. I find it nicer than twrp but what do you guys think about it? And how much faster is it compared to twrp? I like 4ext better since it's more customizable :D. It also has more feautures from what I currently see. So, what are your opinions on it and which do you prefer? :thrasher:

I'm a fan of 4ext recovery myself. Though, to be fair, I haven't used TWRP since 1.1.1. I have not tried their touch recovery. I was already in love with 4ext before TWRP touch was available and I just can't imagine switching...

Upvote 0
I'm a fan of 4ext recovery myself. Though, to be fair, I haven't used TWRP since 1.1.1. I have not tried their touch recovery. I was already in love with 4ext before TWRP touch was available and I just can't imagine switching...

Yeah... The only feature I miss is adding files to a list to be flashed which was on twrp. But I like twrp more than Clockworkmod recovery. I have had bad experiences with Rom manager and cwm recovery on other phones :( I think I bricked an optimus v before with cwm :D. But anyway, 4ext is somewhat better than twrp imo.

Upvote 0
Yeah... The only feature I miss is adding files to a list to be flashed which was on twrp. But I like twrp more than Clockworkmod recovery. I have had bad experiences with Rom manager and cwm recovery on other phones :( I think I bricked an optimus v before with cwm :D. But anyway, 4ext is somewhat better than twrp imo.

If you use the 4ext app you can add files to be flashed through the app!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones