• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4g data, but no phone network?

vbiros33

Lurker
Jan 21, 2012
I'm having a weird problem, I just got a charge off someone and upgrading from a 3g phone. Went and got the 4g sim and activated everything. Data works and can get on the internet and everything, but when I try and make a phone call, it says "no network available". I flashed a stock image, took to Verizon (they had no idea and couldn't fix it go figure) did all the software updates and still no luck. I have never seen or heard of this issue. Any one ever heard of this or have any ideas of what the issue might be?

I'm having a weird problem, I just got a charge off someone and upgrading from a 3g phone. Went and got the 4g sim and activated everything. Data works and can get on the internet and everything, but when I try and make a phone call, it says "no network available". I flashed a stock image, took to Verizon (they had no idea and couldn't fix it go figure) did all the software updates and still no luck. I have never seen or heard of this issue. Any one ever heard of this or have any ideas of what the issue might be?
Probably need to reset APN. Easy way is to download Any Cut from market, then create new shortcut, activity, APN"s, then using that shortcut on your screen, use your menu button and reset to default.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones