• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S10e

nikosts

Lurker
Nov 15, 2023
I bought a Samsung galaxy s10 e refurbished with snapdragon processor on ebay 2 years ago.I didn't have phone signal in my city and phone would only work if wifi calling option was on and I was connected to wifi,if I was in another city it'd work
A week I changed phone isp and got new sim but it only works in 2g mode and I have to go outside for it to work for example I have to go to the balcony for it to work.
If I enable 4g and go at the balcony It shows vol lte and lte,I have signal but people can't hear me when I call and I also don't have data connection even if it shows lte with 4 or 5 bars of signal
I can only make calls when I change the phone options to use GSM 2g only
Everything else about this phone is perfect and I don't want to buy a new one but if I can't fix it somehow I'll have to do that.
Any ideas what to do?I have watched a lot of YouTube videos even contacted isp and followed the steps they gave me and it didn't fix the problems

Which country are you in, and exactly which s10e model (I think there are at least US and Canadian Snapdragon models with slightly different frequency coverages)?

Not having data when you have full LTE signal bands is odd. Have you spoken to your new carrier and checked whether there is a problem with your account settings?
I am from greece,the phone model is SM-G970U snapdragon 855,on sellers page it says

Galaxy S10E (Snapdragon) SM-G970UZWAXA 6GB RAM Unlocked
yes I have talked to my carrier and theres no problem with my account,by the way I set to lte only from the phone settings and I could send messages but not watch videos,but if I set it to lte,people that I call or call me cant hear me at all,I only have stable voice connection on 2g,I tested 3g and I have zero signal,0 bars
No idea what the problem is

Upvote 0
I am from greece,the phone model is SM-G970U snapdragon 855,on sellers page it says

Galaxy S10E (Snapdragon) SM-G970UZWAXA 6GB RAM Unlocked
yes I have talked to my carrier and theres no problem with my account,by the way I set to lte only from the phone settings and I could send messages but not watch videos,but if I set it to lte,people that I call or call me cant hear me at all,I only have stable voice connection on 2g,I tested 3g and I have zero signal,0 bars
No idea what the problem is

I'm sure the Snapdragon variant S10Es were intended for sale in America or China only. All other variants are Exynos. So it sounds like it's incompatible with your carrier network in Greece. And nothing can do about it, apart from obtaining a compatible phone for EU carrier networks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones