• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4G LTE Connected but not delivering Data?

franksnbeans

Mar 17, 2011
This has been going on for 3 days now. Im connected to 4G LTE but the data comes across in spurts. I can see it grabbing data and it comes through but then seemingly cuts out for a little bit then repeats. Sometimes when I try an action such as loading a webpage or open the amazon app store it takes forever to start grabbing data or says a connection is not available at all. The 4G LTE remains on the whole time but the data is sputtering and pausing out with a net result of being uber slow, slower than 3G. When I switch to 3G only it grabs data consistantly with no sputtering. Im in a full 4G LTE area and the first 2 weeks it worked blazingly fast and consistant. Ive tried pulling the sim card and putting it back, battery, factory reset etc.... nothing. Anybody have any input on what could be going on? Help is much appreciated.

I think my issue is similar, but it says I am connected with 4 bars and only sends data then everything times out or tells me there is no connection even though I have 4 bars at the top. And yes it says im connected 4glte. I have to constantly restart my phone to get my connection back then a few hours later I have to do it again. I thought it may be an app I had installed and ended up doing a factory resest to see if that would fix my issue and still the same problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones