• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4G no longer connects after 3.70 update.

That's odd.. for mine, this update seems to have fixed the 4g lag ... Even the battery seems to last longer but that could be a placebo affect lol...

I have the 004 hardware, but that shouldn't matter!

Try a hard reset..

I don't have any more 4G lag, but then again I can't actually connect to the network. I'm dead set against resetting my device and losing my texts. I'll reboot and see if that helps.

[EDIT] A reboot seemed to fix the 4G issue! And no lag (yet)...

Upvote 0
I'm dead set against resetting my device and losing my texts.

Probably too late for you - but search sms backup in the Market - you'll find one free, good for sms, not mms unless paid.

Don't forget to update your profile after the update of your radio.

Exactly - and PRL - update both of those after any update. It's just a good, safe policy.

Upvote 0
I was having problems getting my 4G to remain connected. The status would change to Disconnected immediately after making a connection. I check almost everything. RSA Keys were fine. I thought it may have been the android-wifi-tether install so I removed it. Still no 4G. Just as I was about to turn in @ 3am, I realized the WIFI was enabled. After shutting that down - low and behold - 4G immediately connected. So glad I didn't go through the trouble of unrooting.

Upvote 0
I've had that problem even before 3.7.

If I try to connect with Settings -> Wireless it scans, and quickly turns back off.

If I use the SwitchPro widget, it turns on everytime.

Now that I'm on 3.7, ths same is true...enabling 4G through the Settings is inneffective. I must use the SwitchPro 4G widget to turn on 4G, but 3.7 totally fixed my 4G lag issues.

I have not tried this with the Sense widget, as I use LauncerPro.

Are you connecting with Settings, or with a Widget?

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones