• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4GB SD Card - Blank, unspotted file system - cannot format

Im brand new to this android stuff, ive had BBs for years. I baught this mytouch 3g from this guy today and put my sd and sim in it. no problems. worked instantly. figured out how to go look at my media and play with my camera and it said please insert sd card.

botton line. its formated. hell i formated it on my bb. ive formated in my mytouch, all it ever says is its blank or unsuported file system and it simply shows up as being there but not useable. avaialble data is not available ect ect. I cant use my damn sd card. but i was working just fine in my bb and i can even access it thru my black berry, i even tried usb mount and it still said i dont have a valid sd inside.

wtf? any noob help? this better be a noob problem not an issue with the phone.

Im brand new to this android stuff, ive had BBs for years. I baught this mytouch 3g from this guy today and put my sd and sim in it. no problems. worked instantly. figured out how to go look at my media and play with my camera and it said please insert sd card.

botton line. its formated. hell i formated it on my bb. ive formated in my mytouch, all it ever says is its blank or unsuported file system and it simply shows up as being there but not useable. avaialble data is not available ect ect. I cant use my damn sd card. but i was working just fine in my bb and i can even access it thru my black berry, i even tried usb mount and it still said i dont have a valid sd inside.

wtf? any noob help? this better be a noob problem not an issue with the phone.

Use a portable USB reader to you PC ... install the SD and copy everything off of it into a folder on the desktop ...

Now format the SD card as FAT32 ...

Copy you data back onto it .. and put it back in your phone ...

Upvote 0
No, it didnt work. I found all of that and did it. From the time I took it out of my bb and put it into my mytouch, the 4gb card lost something, because windows only recognizes it as a 120kb card now, and cannot successfully format it. The cards fried. So I guess.... be careful guys.

Sorry about that, just get replaced, 4GB are really cheap now, the higher the class the better, class 6 is the best, and then come back for all the Android help you need! Good luck!

Upvote 0
Sorry about that, just get replaced, 4GB are really cheap now, the higher the class the better, class 6 is the best, and then come back for all the Android help you need! Good luck!

i agree with what he said.. but if your gonna buy a new 4 might as well go 8 for a cpl of bucks more. you will be happy you did later. alot more multimedia potential you will want to take advantage of with your mytouch

Reactions: BucWild
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones