• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

5 different smartphone features which are disappearing or no longer exist

We’ve seen a lot of smartphone features come and go over the years for a variety of reasons, so let’s take a look at a handful of smartphone features that have trended down or no longer exist in the smartphone world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from on BlackBerry devices.

Landscape mode keyboards I'll agree haven't been available for best part of a decade: late 2010/early 2011 for the last ones I actually saw. One of my students had a Desire Z, and I've a vague memory that Slug used to own one of those too. Motorola made several models, but they also stopped after 2011. I know, it feels longer...

Upvote 0
Motorola RAZR V3 - still have it, still works. For a couple of years my daughter would borrow it when she wanted something smaller and more robust than a smartphone when going out.

I'm not sure about a "+"-shaped phone, though I do remember this one:
Nokia-6800.jpg

though I never saw anyone with one in real life!

Reactions: Leon Marco
Upvote 0
Motorola RAZR V3 - still have it, still works. For a couple of years my daughter would borrow it when she wanted something smaller and more robust than a smartphone when going out.

I'm not sure about a "+"-shaped phone, though I do remember this one:
Nokia-6800.jpg

though I never saw anyone with one in real life!
The phone I speak of is similar. The only thing different in that was the screen remained vertical. Your phone looks cool too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones