• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

50% Off Promotion on Extended Battery

Does the extended battery work with the GPS/Desk dock? If so I'm placing my order right now!

I dont have the desktop cradle but it definately works with the Motorola branded GPS/Car Dock. Fits nice.

I am getting 16-22 hours of life out of it. I have been working on conditioning it and letting it run completely down. That is from the first day I installed (Saturday) it to yesterday. I have been in out and of 4G, used it for watching some netflix (30mins). Checking the weather a ton to try and see if the rain was going to stop on Saturday. I would say average use. I really have not had to worry about battery life with it in there. Its a little less comfortable in my pocket but not a deal breaker. About the same weight as my OG droid.

Even when the phone gets down to 15-20% it seems to last a long time. (15-20% juice on a 2700mAH battery is still a lot of life)

Reactions: Vehtemas
Upvote 0
Sorry if I missed it earlier, but can you charge the extended battery in the battery dock? Actually, has anybody seen the battery dock for sale? I don't see it on Motorola's or Verizon's website, but I see it other places that list accessories for the Bionic?

I want to buy another extended battery and then use the battery dock to charge one while I'm using the other. Didn't know if I could charge the extended battery in this or not? Any other way to charge the battery(s) outside of the phone?

Does the extended battery work with the GPS/Desk dock? If so I'm placing my order right now!

The phone still fits in both docks with the extended battery, and the extended battery fits in the battery dock.

If you're also using the shell/holster combo, it will fit (snugly) in the desk dock. As for the car dock, it's a no-go for me, though others seem willing to force it, or claim that it fits fine.

Reactions: Travisimo
Upvote 0
Did anyone get their delivery yet, who ordered the extended battery/cover from Verizon Wireless?

It was Free "2 Day Ground" Delivery. Who was the Delivery Company?

Reason I ask, is if it's FedEx Ground, they always show up at my office AFTER WE CLOSE :(

yes it is FedEx Ground.. i received mine 2 days after ordering but you must order before 430 pm est

Reactions: DanDroide
Upvote 0
Just an FYI, it may show as out of stock online...but I was able to order one over the phone yesterday. Its still 50% off. Also, you can return it if you decide you don't like it.

I screwed up my order online a few days ago and now I have a back order online (out of stock) :(. Still 50% off though.

The local company Verizon store has them in stock. Girl on phone said $49 and didn't know about discount.

Stores don't discount 50% off?

Upvote 0
I screwed up my order online a few days ago and now I have a back order online (out of stock) :(. Still 50% off though.

The local company Verizon store has them in stock. Girl on phone said $49 and didn't know about discount.

Stores don't discount 50% off?

tell her to ring it up. it appears as if sales people in the stores don't know about the discount, and when they ring it up, it applies the 50% discount, much to their surprise.

Reactions: DanDroide
Upvote 0
Now I'm even MORE CONFUSED!

I called customer service to see if I can Cancel my order, if I buy one "in store" and the girl on the phone was confused when I sent her a copy of the email confirmation I received from Verizon last night.

She thought the email was ambiguous too but thought MAYBE it's just a GENERIC letter, she thought. She shows NO tracking info on her end. I told her I would ask YOU GUYS, to see if you received THE SAME ORDER CONFIRMATION letter as the one I received and DID YOU RECEIVE your order?

Copy below (I x'd out my order number and person info):

"Subject: Sales Confirmation Verizon Wireless, Order XXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for shopping at VerizonWireless.com. Your order has been received. Pre-orders will ship when the item becomes available. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Customer signature is required at the time of delivery. You cannot change your shipping address after you submit the order. We will contact you if we need additional information to complete your order or if the item is out of stock or no longer available. If you have any questions, contact us at InternetOrders@Verizonwireless.com . Be sure to include your order reference number.

For your convenience: Check the status of your order online: Check Your Status - Verizon Wireless ORDER DATE: 09/14/11 PAYMENT METHOD: MASTERCARD XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

SHIP TO: BILL TO:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx xxxxx
xxxxx xxxxx

ORDER#: xxxxxxxxxx
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Accessories:
1 Extended Battery w/Cover -regularly $49.99
$ 24.99
SUMMARY OF CHARGES:
Due now: detail of total charges to be billed to credit card
Shipping: Free
Subtotal: $ 24.99
Taxes, Governmental Surcharges & Fees: $ 1.50
FL State Sales Tax* $ 1.50
Total charges to be billed to credit card: $ 26.49
In California, sales tax is calculated on the full retail price of the device, not the discounted price you pay. In Massachusetts and Nevada, sales tax is calculated on the inventory cost of the device.

*The sales tax charged on your device was based on $0.00.

Enjoy the ease and convenience of My Verizon online! Check minutes used, view and pay your bill, get answers to Frequently Asked Questions, and much more. Register today at http://www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon. When you don't have computer access, you can get basic account information by dialing *611 + Send (airtime free) and selecting automated options"

Is that the same confirmation order letter you received and if so, did you receive your battery?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Did anyone get their delivery yet, who ordered the extended battery/cover from Verizon Wireless?

It was Free "2 Day Ground" Delivery. Who was the Delivery Company?

Reason I ask, is if it's FedEx Ground, they always show up at my office AFTER WE CLOSE :(

I ordered mine on the 13th early in the morning, and I just now got the email saying "your order has been completed and is in the process of being shipped to you."

it says fedex. no other details at this time. was hoping to get it before the weekend, lookin like maybe that won't happen.

Upvote 0
----------------SUMMARY OF CHARGES: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Due now: detail of total charges to be billed to credit card

Shipping: Free Subtotal: $ 24.99

Total charges to be billed to credit card: $ 24.99

*The sales tax charged on your device was based on $0.00.

Tax free NH!

Shipping notification received today. Battery should arrive on my doorstep tomorrow as the status shows it being in the next town.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones