• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

$600 off contract says BestBuy

They told me that they absolutely would not do this. I think that I wouldn't count on it until I have paid and gotten my EVO.

They told me that, too, but what retailer doesn't price match another retailer? They do it for TVs, and other crap.

If they give you any issues, and you have the extra money, you could buy it
full price and return later screaming Sprint has it for hundreds less!!!

That is if you just have to have the phone the first day it comes out.

All it takes is a little bit of loudness and persistence. They'll give in, just to get you out of the store.

Upvote 0
Ive been looking to get this phone since I first heard of it in Jan or Feb, so I came to Sprint in March. Got a Pre which lasted all of two months before I got a HTC TP2. Anyways, I have only had my acct for less than 90days so by June 4th theres no Upgrade price for me. But my question is why not just add a second line for 200 then cancel my first. Sell my phone for hopefully 200 or so whatever the price of canceling the first line is? My guess is it would be 199 + 200 ETF on the first line. So for 200 I get the phone and a new phone number. Can anyone verify that this would work? See no reason in why it wouldnt. I also pre ordered from BB so does that add to any hassle?

Thanks in advance

I see no reason that will not work. But i dont see the huge advantage of going through all of that. Why not just buy the phone for 449. Sell your touch pro 2 for 200 on ebay and then you are only out 249 for the EVO. You will get to keep your number. plus the activation fee for the 2nd line wouldnt be their. And you get to keep your phone number. If you do the 2nd line you will have to keep the line for 30 days or get charged the full price for the phone. The 30 days of service will cost you more than you can save.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones