1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

64GB S3 = 16GB S3 price drop?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by angelus97, Aug 18, 2012.

1. angelus97

angelus97 Member

Hi,

I've seen the 64GB S3 will be released in early October. I've been planning on buying a sim free 16GB S3 in mid September (I want to be safe and see the new iPhone before I buy it).

Going off previous Samsung phones, is it likely for Samsung to drop the price of the 16GB model or sell the 64GB model at a higher price than the current S3's?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

It's possible, but I don't see a price drop of the current S3s anytime soon. Isn't the 64Gb one just for Europe? I see the announcement was for Clove.

3. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

4. Hogan773

Hogan773 Android Enthusiast

5. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Because then you have to root it to take full advantage of hd games using extsdcard or ext2sdcard

treb1797 likes this.
  6. Rachel A

Rachel A Android Expert

Think the price may more be set with the new iPhone release than anything else. If Apple release the next one with 64GB for $299 then I think Samsung may be hard pushed to do theirs for the same price. If it's more then I think Samsung could keep the current prices.

Pure conjecture on my part here...

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews