1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

64GB S3 on the way

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by treb1797, Aug 17, 2012.

1. treb1797

treb1797 Extreme Android User

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mak916

mak916 Android Expert

I wonder how long will it take to hit the States. And then we have to hope our carrier gets it. I am wondering how well will this do with the Note 2 coming out soon. Should be interesting to see how things play out. But I really like the idea of a 64GB SGS3.

3. treb1797

I bet US Carriers hope they have it by Christmas time. Surely it would be available to all the carriers that the 16 & 32GB are on. Just curious since I'm not an iPhone person, do carriers that have the iPhone not carry all 3 GB versions ?

4. mak916

mak916 Android Expert

I know Sprint carries all 3 GB versions of the iPhone. I am not sure about the other carriers. I wish they had of made all 3 versions of the GS3 available at launch. Of course I could have waited. And I can always sell my 32GB and pay the difference for a 64GB. But I think I am good for now.

5. KeithSr

KeithSr Well-Known Member

So what is the difference if I have a 32g and a 32g sd card, isn't that the same as a 64g phone?

6. RickyDavis1051

RickyDavis1051 Well-Known Member

Yeah

7. RickyDavis1051

RickyDavis1051 Well-Known Member

I take that back, yes it is a TOTAL of 64gb but you have the 32gb you can transfer stuff to. But yes same amount

8. tekchic

tekchic Newbie

I was bummed that AT&T in my area doesn't even offer the 32gb internal, I had to go with the 16gb and a 32gb micro SD card. (Not switching carriers so I can keep unlimited LTE data plan).

Would be nice to see a 64gb on all carriers!

9. KeithSr

KeithSr Well-Known Member

You couldn't order the 32gb online from AT&T either?

10. tekchic

tekchic Newbie

Nope, only the 16gb online as well. When I went into the store, I got the old "but you can put a 16gb card in to make it 32gb" rhetoric too. :)

11. treb1797

But imagine if you had a 64GB phone w/ a 64GB memory card you download the Dead Sea Scrolls, & The Yongle Dadian ( encyclopedia w/11,095 volumes and nearly 23,000 chapters ) & still have room left over that is bigger than most NY City apartments.
    :D

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews