1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

720p or not?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by quantumrand, Dec 11, 2010.

1. quantumrand

quantumrand Android Expert

Anyone know definitively if the Nexus S can record 720p videos or not? The launch page, Nexus S ? The new Android phone from Google, contradicts itself.

On the Features page, it claims the Nexus S can capture "HD Video."

But on the Tech Specs page, it says it can only record 720x480, which is ED at best, not HD.

So which is it? All signs point to no 720p, but maybe it's just due to premature drivers?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. no there is no HD but if u want it check HTC phones

3. quantumrand

Sorry to resurrect and old thread, but I just wanted to point out that Google has changed the Features page for the Nexus S, removing that mention of "HD" in the camera section. This actually happened a few months ago, but I forgot I made this thread.

I think this was a very sneaky move by Google, especially since they didn't outright admit to the mistake (at least from what I can tell); they just quietly covered it up.

4. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery

Oh wow...if that's true, that's very very sneaky of Google :/

5. viber

viber Android Enthusiast

FYI 720P is equal to 1280

6. quantumrand

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

That's true, the video is decent quality for a phone. And after using a phone with 720p and comparing to my Canon HD 1080 camcorder, the image quality is horrid. Granted it's like comparing apples to oranges, but no phone is going to give you great video...the physics right now doesn't allow for it. So although the numbers say it's not great, the Nexus S does ok for video.
    ;)

8. czechplastik

czechplastik Android Enthusiast

I was pissed too that it wasn't as advertised, however...

The HTC Desire I used before had 720p but it had terrible frame rate issues and just wasn't all that impressive. The NS shoots silky smooth video at acceptable quality, by that I mean acceptable for what I'll ever need it for, facebook, youtube etc. If I ever want/need to shoot really good quality footage I would never reach for a phone, I'd choose a dedicated device every time.

For sure HD video on phones will always be a desirable feature but the NS shoots pretty good SD clips.

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews