• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 8.9 tab drops 4G in thirty seconds and.....

Yoshi361

Lurker
Apr 2, 2013
Hi all, new to this forum, and Tablets in general.
I lately took a jump into a tablet as my employer has greatly curtailed access. My job requires me to sit in front of monitors and "baby-sit" ongoing tests. Very boring..... Anyway, I got an AT&T Galaxy tab 8.9 as we have AT&T repeaters in my building (and I sit 30 feet from one). Seemed like a no-brainer at the time.... Meanwhile, the tablet will load 4G and get full service, for about thirty seconds at a time, then it drops, leaving the bars. It will sometimes "re-initialize" the service. Totally useless, so far. It hooks up fine on my home Wi-Fi. It also gives IPC communication" errors at random times even when it's not momentarily connected to 4G. I tried a "factory reset" to no avail (though the thing is just out of the box....
Any thoughts? The AT&T store near me says it's the device, but can't diagnose it further. Thoughts? I plan to send it back on the distributor's 14 day return policy if I can't sort it out soon.
BTW the error message reads: IPC communication error, copy the dumpstatelogs to sdcard with keystring*#9900#.
Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones