• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Bunch of FREE Live Wallpapers in the Market!

Air Force One

Android Enthusiast
Jan 6, 2010
Just a heads up for anyone that hasn't seen them. My favorite so far is the Rotating Earth live wallpaper by Unixseb. It's updated every hour with accurate views of clouds and accurate display of what part of the planet is in daylight and which are at night. It also has the option of using the moon, Jupiter, Mercury and more, including some of jupiter's moons, and also has different backgrounds and planet spin speeds. There are even more options I'll let you discover on your own

It's pretty darn cool if you ask me. I can hardly wait for hurricane season so I can watch them.:)

Just search for live wallpapers in the marketplace and you can't miss them

Cool, you're welcome guys. I was thinking maybe some hadn't seen them. I found them by luck...just decided to try searching for live wallpapers and there they were.:)

I also like Digital Rain and the spinning cube.

One that has really intrigued me is the duck hunt live wallpaper. Really basic and simple but kinda gives an idea of what could be possible with these live wallpapers. It's weird turning your homescreen into a game. I bet developers are watering at the mouth over the possibilities. At least I hope they are.:)

Upvote 0
Oops, one more thing: if you guys have any issues, particularly with the Live Earth wallpaper, email the developer. He's been really responsive and did several updates just today. I've had some issues with force closes, etc.., so if you do too, shoot him an email.

If you DO experience as issue with the Earth wallpaper. One fix is to go in to your SD card and delete the rotating earth file, and then kill the app and start over. Apparently the file on the SD can become corrupted and cause FC. That was what he suggested I try and it worked for me. Then again he may have updated to fix that issue since I was trying fixes and downloading updates at the same time, so who knows.

Upvote 0
Oops, one more thing: if you guys have any issues, particularly with the Live Earth wallpaper, email the developer. He's been really responsive and did several updates just today. I've had some issues with force closes, etc.., so if you do too, shoot him an email.

If you DO experience as issue with the Earth wallpaper. One fix is to go in to your SD card and delete the rotating earth file, and then kill the app and start over. Apparently the file on the SD can become corrupted and cause FC. That was what he suggested I try and it worked for me. Then again he may have updated to fix that issue since I was trying fixes and downloading updates at the same time, so who knows.

That explains it. I wondered what was going on with that yesterday.

Upvote 0
Yeah I like that fireworks one too. Caught myself just sitting and watching it last night.:D

I jacked up all the settings and man does it really make a show!

Yeah that Digital Rain one is cool, but needs to be smoothed out. The Duck Hunt one is REALLY basic, but yeah it does show what can be possible. When I'm using that one I can't help but want to kill that Duck more times than he gets by the screen.:D

As far as I can tell the developer has removed the Live Earth map from the Rotating Earth live wallpaper. It had serious stability issues but I'm sure he'll get it working again. Heck even with the stability issues it was and is my favorite.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones