• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A couple of questions - INCREDIBLE device :)

knightwing44

Apr 25, 2010
Ok, so a few questions...

1) Should my People's birthdays/anniversaries sync with my calendar automatically? I entered a few and they don't seem to sync. That seems impossible.

2) Does the stock battery get better with time? I've gone through two full charge/discharge cycles, but find that the battery drains pretty fast - about 12 hours worth of medium use.

3) I downloaded the app-killer and it works great. Last night I killed all the apps running before hitting the sack and charging the phone. This morning, I had 10 apps running. Things like youtube were running. Why would that be? I can understand for apps that update every so often, but youtube???

thanks
Knight

3) I downloaded the app-killer and it works great. Last night I killed all the apps running before hitting the sack and charging the phone. This morning, I had 10 apps running. Things like youtube were running. Why would that be? I can understand for apps that update every so often, but youtube???

I see a storm brewing...

My personal recommendation is not to bother with a task killer app. Android manages the memory just fine. If you find your battery is draining too fast, and go to settings > about phone > battery usage and find that one of your apps is really draining a lot of power, it is probably not working properly.

This is a topic that causes a lot of arguments though :p

Upvote 0
What you'll find is a task killer will actually eat up more memory than it frees. The processor is plenty fast so managing the memory is a non-issue. On slower processors it takes awhile to process the tasks and thus you get lag, on the incredible its just not an issue. If you kill a task and it reloads itself thats even more battery power being eaten up needlessly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones