• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

a couple of questions

I've got a couple of questions that have been driving me nuts since I got my Moto Droid. I was going to post in the Droid forum, but I someone in my family has a LG Ally and is having the same problems.

First, does anyone else get random "Google Sign In Error" notifications which prompt you to type in one of those random jumbled words that everyone uses to prove your not some bot or something? The two Android phones I know do this. I searched the forum and found a bunch of stuff to do with youtube accounts...neither of us have youtube accounts connected to the phone. It is a pain in the ass, and it often makes me do more than one. Only thing that really really bothers me about my awesome phone. it's nonsense that it does this. I have two gmail accounts if that matters, but the family member has a gmail account and an aol account....so yeah...

Second...I'm using Launcher Pro as a home replacement, annnnnd sometimes after I've been searching the web or using some application when I press the home button it appears to be restarting Launcher Pro? It takes 10-20 seconds for everything to load up (clocks, widgets, etc). I assume it does this when the phone needs more resources or something? Is this normal? Anything I can do to make this happen less often?

Thanks for the time guys. I'd appreciate some help with these issues. Thanks again.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones