• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Few Q's About Android 1.5

Mr Bloppy

Mar 2, 2009
hi.

i was going to download android 1.5 onto my g1, but have a few questions.

1) does it work in the uk

2)is it stable?

3) Has anyone tried it?

4) What happens if anything goes wrong with it? (i know this is a hard question to answer so dont worry if you cant)

thanks in advance

*raises hand* ooh ooh..I know I know!!
(Sorry...just felt like acting like a little kid in school that knows the answer to a question just then xP )

Anyway...

To answer your question...

1. I think..don't see why it wouldn't....as long as you have the phone...you should be able to just flash it on...

2. I think it's stable enough...I'm sure there would be some issues seeing as it wouldn't be a full release...

3. I'm currently in the process of learning how to develop an application with it using the SDK and emulator....if that counts =/

4. You could always go back to the official release if you like...

I was thinking of installing it at one time as well....

But then I decided against it...

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if it would work in the UK.
I'm using it now and it is plenty stable for me. However in the menus most of the text is missing. So instead of seeing for example "turn blu tooth on" you just a few squares in that text field. If I were you I would give it a try you can just flash another image if you it don't like it.
1.5 is a big improvement. I have the "H" build installed maybe thats why I have an issue with the menus but the overall look of the os is better. stereo blu tooth is a big plus and the calender widget is cool. I think widgets are what will really set this phone/os apart from the others. More widgets please:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones