• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A few questions, and, yes, I've tried searching

This is on an Atrix 2, unlocked, on Walmart Family Mobile (T-Mobile).

1. How do I get rid of the "Entitlement Check Failed" message? I would think I would have come up with this by searching, but, I haven't, maybe I'm not entering the right keywords.

2. I know that T-Mobile's 3G/4G band is different then AT&T's and that's why the Atrix 2 doesn't have those bands and defaults to "E". What happens every now and then, and just happened today for about 5 mins, is, for some weird reason, it goes to 4G. I know it was really 4G, because it was fast as all get-out while it said it was on 4G. Is the phone having a brain fart, and thinks it's an ATT phone and switching to their network for a min or so?

3. Rather basic, but, can't exactly find it, what is the difference between blue bars, white bars, and blue/white radius indicators (the ones above and just to the right of the "4G/E" indicator).

I think that is it for right now. If this stuff is posted else where, please let me know, and I'm sorry.

Jerry

Just ran across this...here are your likely answers:

1) To get rid of the entitlement check your phone has to be rooted and the entitlement check value in the phone's configuration needs to be set to either 0 or disabled instead of 1. There may be other lines that should be modified as well for full functionality of tethering, lapdocks and hotspots. Do a Google search on "atrix 2 entitlement check" and you will see a lot of threads on this...mostly at XDA.

2) T-Mobile is refarming some of their old 850mhz spectrum to 1900mhz, and when a T-Mobile SIM sees that it will show as 4G. However that service is only available in limited areas, mostly in major metros, although T-Mobile is expanding it as fast as they can. However, most AT&T 4G phones will rarely see 4G service from T-Mobile for some time to come.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones