• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A game using crazy amount of data

420Droid

Lurker
Aug 3, 2014
I downloaded an app, game of thrones ascent and it has somehow within 2 weeks used up 2.86 GB of data compared to another game I feel I play more often as it requires a more active role that have only used just shy of 50mb. Game of thrones ascent even used up 30mb in around a 10 minute period while not even being used, I had not even run the app yet. I can't help but feel the apps developers are responsible and now I have received extra charges from my network provider near $30 plus I had to get an extra 1 Gb at $10 so I don't get charged at a higher rate per mb. Plus I am on a 4gb plan I paid $30 for which now is totally used up and nearly 3GB is all because of one app, game of thrones ascent. the only explanation I can come up with is the app must be defective, my belief reinforced by the fact it used up a relatively large amount data while not even being used especially when I go back and compare 30mb in a small time frame while the app was not being used and the 50mb another app used, since the start of my monthly data usage ( roughly 2 weeks ago). I feel it is not fair that I be out of pocket because of some defective app, 2.86 GB is insane compared to 50mb in the same period for a game I know I play more of as it is my current favorite (brave frontier). I really need advice on this issue, I don't know what to do or if I can even do anything, this situation just doesn't seem right.

After a little looking through a data usage app I found 1.74 GB was used within the last 3 days by game of thrones ascent

Reactions: DisruptorBeam
I started playing this about 3 weeks ago. Under my current contract month it used 1.3gb of my 1.5gb monthly total in the first week. I increased my data to 4.5gb two days ago and havent played it as much as i did for the first week, and my data now stands at 3.7gb used just by GOTA.... What the hell is with this app? I enjoy the game but id have to have a 15gb plan or more to play it month to month. Thats just ridiculous.

Reactions: DisruptorBeam
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones