• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

a good time to switch from virgin to boost?

np6s4x

Nov 17, 2011
i heard a commercial on the radio about this today:

Prepaid & No Contract Cell Phone Plans | Boost Mobile

double the data, along with unlim talk and text for $10 more then the $35 I currently pay? interesting... (even more interesting is the 10Gb of data for $55, that seems rather insane)

anyone know much about the boost side and know if it would be worth it?

goes till nov 3rd so have two months to decide.

i use very little minutes, and keep on hitting virgin's lte data cap, so more data would certainly be a good thing. The other half of the problem would be getting a new phone, and i'm not really impressed by the selection (i don't want another 1.2ghz, 1gb ram phone, which most seem to be)

service is good here, whole city for the most part has lte and i've got up to 20Mb's. Also about only a little over an hour away from spark which i've seen 50Mb's.

Upvote 0
Probably not the case but I've noticed that with a tri-band device like the volt you can be right by a tower with active LTE to regular devices but because of the way the radios work you can be stuck on eHRPD (the phone may show that for 3g instead of ev-do). I also noticed that soon after 1x 800 started appear for it I was a able to get LTE from it too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones