• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A malfunction of my homescreen

lascott7

Mar 31, 2012
This is so weird. When I first got my tablet the homescreen was fine. Then for some reason after changing the widget or after moving one of the Widgets from the homescreen, the space at upper right top for you to add the widget does not allow me to add a Widget in that space. When I try to drag one there I get "not enough room " when there was room to add one be cause I saw the grid there. I will post a pic of so you will know what I'm talking about. Can anyone tell me why it did this?
Screenshot_2013-04-05-10-10-33_zpsb8427517.png

This is so weird. When I first got my tablet the homescreen was fine. Then for some reason after changing the widget or after moving one of the Widgets from the homescreen, the space at upper right top for you to add the widget does not allow me to add a Widget in that space. When I try to drag one there I get "not enough room " when there was room to add one be cause I saw the grid there .I will post a pick of so you will know what I'm talking about. Can anyone tell me why it did this ?

Hello lascott7. Sometimes the "not enough room" message pops up because the default size of the widget and the column/row settings you have are not compatible, even though the grid marks are still visible. The number of columns and rows are set in the menu depending on what launcher you are using.

In that case you have a few choices, one of them having to do with whether or not you want to resize your screen or remove another app/icon or widget to make room for the new widget.

The other choices are simply to assign some widgets to adjacent screens or to resize widgets on the screen in question.

Many widgets come in different sizes, but they can all (well, mostly all of them) be resized on the screen (if you have room enough for them to be put there in the first place, using the decisions described above ;)).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones