• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help a new problem with my ZTE warp 4G N9510

reble

Android Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2012
Kennewick Wa
I am having a problem with my ZTE phone. When the phone acts up. The background get very blurry, icons slow down in there response time or freezes altogether, things like my alarm clock are effected (in that the alarm is turned off or on) depending on the alarms state is when the phone is working right. I had my phone on a mount on the van's dashboard recording video while driving home through Snoqualmie pass. The video file has disappeared. I can't find it in the phone or the SD card. Also files that were on the SD card have also disappeared. I am having troubles in sending and receiving SMS's and voice calls when the phone acts up. I haven't lost the files on the SD card because I keep a backup both on the D: hard drive in a USB case attached to my laptop. And except for the newest files that I just put on the D:\ HD The D:\ hd is backed up to 8 GB dbl sided type DVD data disks. Now when the phone acts up I can pull the battery, wait 30 seconds and put the battery back in and turn the phone back on and the phone is normal until the next time it acts up.

Is there a way to do a permanent fix on the phone. Or get a new phone. I have had this phone about 3 years without any major problems.

I would also like to thank the techs that help me get this phone rooted. I just got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2-10-0 model gt-p5113 ce0168 tablet at a swapmeet Saturday and I already have the tablet rooted using the same general principles that I used on the ZTE. I just had to hunt down the software to root the Samsung Galaxy tablet.

Steve

Just for information purposes. I got the ZTE cell phone working again by pulling the battery for 30 seconds. Then pulling the UICC sim card and then turning on the phone with the UICC sim card removed. Again after 30 seconds I turned the phone off, pulled the battery, wait 30 seconds, put the UICC sim card back in and turned the phone back on. This took the phone back to the state like it has never been setup for my phone number. I went through the complete setup with Boost Mobile. So far the phone hasn't given me any more problems. If it stays that way is anyone's guess.

Steve

Upvote 0
A further problem that was confirmed by a cell phone tech at a store (can't been seen on a picture or video). Random numbers and letters scrolling in the background on the left side. I though it was a hacker. It turns out that the screen is ready to die. It could happen now or 6 months from now.
Or ya could have accidentally enabled CPU/GPU statistics from developer's options..??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones