• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A note about the update and root

Jaxmoto

Jun 3, 2012
Just wanted to put up a note about the new update. I was rooted but the only file I had changed was the boot sound by adding .bak to it.

I was able to successfully take the update just by changing back the boot sound to the proper name. It looses root but that is easy enough to put back on.

Just wanted to let people know. If you haven't altered your system/files you can take the update then re-root.

Just wanted to put up a note about the new update. I was rooted but the only file I had changed was the boot sound by adding .bak to it.

I was able to successfully take the update just by changing back the boot sound to the proper name. It looses root but that is easy enough to put back on.

Just wanted to let people know. If you haven't altered your system/files you can take the update then re-root.

Do you happen to know what the update adds? Like, if it upgrades the Android version?

Upvote 0

What method are you using to root? i cant gain root access with update! thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones