• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Personal Question, Droidbots

DroidJnkie

Android Enthusiast
Dec 23, 2009
In a galaxy far, far away
I am constantly amazed at how many posts are made and how quickly they are responded to. So, a little personal question. . .

Who are you?

I assume that most of us here are adults who work a job that allows them to buy an expensive phone (or two or three) with expensive data plans, so are you all at work slacking off and following the threads?

I must admit I am guilty of that occasionally as I linger around here.

I was actually wondering the same thing. At some point, I was going to create a demographic poll, but anyway, here's my story:

I'm 30, completed my Computer Science degree at 21, and have been working in the IT field as a Systems Admin ever since. I have a full time job, and since I'm basically in front of a computer all day, I usually have this forum window open to browse, post, and learn from! Although, if a server is down, or I get dragged into office politics (user A angry that user B has a later version of MS Office, etc), then it's a different story! :D

Who is next? :p

Upvote 0
I spend a lot of time at work (while working, in between working, pretending to work) on these forums. A lot of websites I would normally go to are blocked on the corporate network, so I hang around here a lot. Don't get me wrong, I actually do get a lot of work done, but I need something to break up the day. I'm 26, working at a bank and (slowly) working on starting up a computer repair business. I don't make a ton of money but I make enough to treat myself and save a good portion of it.

Upvote 0
I am 27 and I am in sales at a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep store. Have two little girls to occupy my time at home. While I am at work awaiting the next sale, I hop on here and post things that make the MODS angry becuase I called out some punk kid who wants the next big phone that they cant have LOL... Everyone have a Happy New Year!

Upvote 0
Well, I'm 19, College student! Woo!! Majoring in Marketing, and hey, I loveee android and browsing the forms help me make my phone the best phone out! Go DROID! :D

Haha that makes 2 of us. Im a college student majoring in Game Design, and i love how many possibilities this phone offers me, so i come to these forums to catch up on whats the next step. I think im in love.

I got my phone for christmas, and 5 days later i have a rooted phone with a custom bootanimation and all new default fonts. Clearly, these forums are a kickass resource

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones