• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help a quick question regarding internal memory (kinda need answers quickly :) )

I have about a dozen apps that I've downloaded from the Market. Most of those are installed in the phone's memory - in time you can expect most apps to feature the option to move them to the SD card.

Despite this, I typically have 70MB free and have never encountered a situation where I was low on memory.

If you're the kind of software slut who downloads hundreds of free apps, you might want to have a think about the limitations first. But then again, you'd be better off having a really good think as to why you'd want to do that in the first place, IMHO.

Reactions: CraigGB
Upvote 0
From my point of view - it's a big pain. The Apps2SD on 2.2 Froyo should have helped, but at the time of writing, very few apps support Apps2SD. Just as an example, I use Navigon, which takes 26MB. Updated Facebook takes 11MB. Contacts storage 26MB. Maps updated 11MB. Add a few small apps under 1MB, and I get running low on memory warnings - thus push email and updates no longer work. I used the non-root method of forcing apps on to the SD card, and although it helps, many apps can't be transfered and others can only move a certain amount from internal memory. Don't want to root, and rooting doesn't solve the problem completely either.
512MB is not enough internal storage but it is the only gripe I have about an otherwise excellent phone, and although it's a pain, you can live with it.

Reactions: CraigGB
Upvote 0
Hey Everyone,
thanks for your earlier replies. I haven't decided on anything yet but I don't think I will go with the Desire now. looks like a awesome phone but I'm now leaning towards the Galaxy S (in the hope samsung will fix any current issues with it in the near future :p). I can get it for

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones