• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A-Sure android 5.1 Head Unit MCU update

gaz936

Lurker
Jun 16, 2018
Hi,
trying to update MCU on A-Sure 5.1 android head unit. The bluetooth doesn't work and hoping the update might fix this.
A-Sure have sent me a link to the update, KYD_8000 platform_APK4_PX3_fourth set of foreign general version_2016.09.03 (S2 series Android5.1).zip
I have downloaded it to desk top, unzipped it, sent to SD card, put SD card in head unit, the head unit doesn't recognise it.
A-Sure sent me following instructions;
After downloading the update file, please use unzip tool (for example WINRAR ZIP) to unzip the file, you will one folder, please open the folder and you will get some files.

Now please copy files into SD card directly. (Do not copy the folder into SD card.)

It means when you open the SD card, you will see below files directly, no need to open folder.

Any advice on how I can update MCU would be appreciated,
thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones